5 Reasons to Explore Living in Coastal Delaware
Are you searching for real estate and looking for the perfect community to settle into for that next stage of your life? We’d love to share with you a few of our favorite reasons to take a look at Sussex County, Delaware!
As someone who recently moved to Lewes after spending my entire life in coastal New Jersey, I often find myself astounded by the quality and quantity of amenities and attractions that coastal Delaware has to offer. Here are just a few of the reasons I’ve absolutely fallen in love with Delaware in my 19 months as a resident and why you can contact a residential or commercial real estate broker today! A realtor that uses a quality Real Estate Broker Marketing Service might help you find your dream home so you should consider contacting them now!!
- The Culinary Coast– Had you ever heard someone refer to Southern Delaware with the nickname the Culinary Coast? Whether you’re a foodie like I am or you just enjoy an occasional meal-on-the-town, Southern DE provides a multitude of options that I’ve found can excite any set of taste buds. In the past decade or so Southern Delaware communities such as Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach and Milford have transformed into an epicenter for culinary diversity and adventure. Our local communities are filled with family owned restaurants that serve fresh farm-to-table food that is of five star quality and offer something for anyone’s culinary needs. I highly recommend you check out http://www.visitsoutherndelaware.com/culinary-coast/culinary-experiences for more details and specifics!
- Sports fans rejoice– Perhaps like I was, you’re considering moving from a metropolitan area, yet you’re hesitant to leave the events and action of a larger metropolitan scene behind. Well I can say with certainty that one of my favorite aspects of Southern Delaware is the location; there is so much that comes with living tucked into the calmness of the Delmarva Peninsula all while you remain in close proximity to so many amenities. The coast is dotted with dozens of beautifully crafted and pristine golf courses. Delaware International Speedway lies just over a half hour North on Route 1. You can easily take a day trip into Ocean City Maryland, Washington D.C, Philadelphia, Atlantic City or New York City. Most exciting of all to a sports fan- there is access to so many different sports arenas: the minor league baseball Wilmington Blue Rocks, Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies, Baltimore Ravens and Orioles, and Washington Redskins and Nationals all play just a short drive away.
- Untouched Beauty– Some of the East Coast’s most breathtaking views and trails lie right here in Coastal Delaware. I can say with certainty as someone who has lived all their life near the beach, that there is something special about Delaware that isn’t often found elsewhere on the East Coast. There are so many fun things to do and fascinating places to explore that a short description wouldn’t nearly do justice to the local outdoor spaces. There is a full list of all the outdoor fun at http://www.visitsoutherndelaware.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-adventures !
- Life in Delaware is Anything but Taxing– See what I did there? It’s said that life in Delaware is more affordable in many ways than neighboring states, and I can attest to that! The Delaware beach is a place where you can own that beach house with no sales tax and extremely low property taxes, something I could not find anywhere when I was looking at vacation rentals in North Myrtle beach last year. Whether you’re looking for your new shopping spot, a fresh start, a vacation home, or a retirement abode, the average Sussex County tax payer pays significantly lower yearly taxes than residents of neighboring states like Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or New York. Whats better than relocating to the beach and taking advantage of no sales tax and minimal property taxes while you enjoy your sun, sand, and surf? http://delaware.gov/topics/TaxCenter
- Have Plenty of Fun at Your Pace– Perhaps you’re a music fanatic and attracted by the annual allure of Dover’s Firefly Music Festival or Wilmington’s Clifford Brown Jazz Festival. Maybe you’d love to enjoy a freshly brewed beverage at one of Delaware’s local breweries and Vineyards. Whether it’s Dogfish Head’s brewery, Delaware Distilling Company, or Nassau Valley Vineyards, there are ample opportunities to stay local yet feel like you’re on vacation while taking a tour and enjoying so many delicious beverages. If you’re looking to really let loose, Dewey Beach, Rehoboth, and Ocean City MD offer phenomenal opportunities for quite a bit of fun without going more than a half hour from home. There are numerous places to rent paddle-boards and surf boards, the annual Delaware State Fair in Harrington happens every July, you can go Parasailing, and so much more! Sussex County offers lots to do on an active basis. Lastly, if you’re the relaxing type like myself, there is nothing nicer than bringing a beach chair to Dagsworthy Street in Dewey and diggin your toes into the sand at 8:30pm for a movie on the beach. For more recreation ideas you can look here at http://www.visitsoutherndelaware.com/outdoor-recreation/amusements !
Ready to take a peek at Sussex County yet? Plan a trip and experience it all for yourself!
Trackback from your site.