New Home Search Questions Made Easier Focus on the quality construction and don't rush for new home sales and incentives.
If you are out and about looking for new home sales this year, I’d like to share few of the most important yet overlooked topics when it comes choosing a new home.
1. Define your “dream home” by understanding how you live. Your home is the place that you go to unwind, relax, entertain, cook, raise your family and sometimes even work. In reality, your “dream home” may not be a huge castle-like estate that you see in the movies. It is about finding the perfect home that matches your family’s lifestyle.
Focus on functionality first and jump into the interior design finishes later. Consider the natural flow from room to room. Having a master near the main living areas might not be the best idea if you go to bed early or like to sleep in later than your family members. Cost effective outdoor living spaces such as fire pits and patios are ideal for those that like to spend a lot of time outdoors; having a great lawn maintained with Straw bales is also a priority for people who enjoy time outside. If you travel often, you might want to look at communities with less yard space or with a routine maintenance plan.
2. Make a list of non-negotiable items. Once you start evaluating your daily lifestyle, you’ll have a better idea of the features that you can’t live without in your next home. Having a list to reference will help you stay focused when looking at floor plans, budget, upgrades and design features. Not having a list of “non-negotiable items” can be like going grocery shopping for a month without a list. Upon checkout, you are not sure what you bought, why you bought it or what you forgot to remember!
3. Avoid shortcuts when it comes to structural details. The integrity of your new home will only be as reliable as the products and methods used to build it. Look for homes that are constructed on-site with energy efficient windows and insulation, engineered roofing systems and solid poured wall foundations. Worst case, SWS Roofing can help optimize the roof of the home to become more energy-efficient. All these can be made possible by hiring a professional residential and commercial roof services company. Avoid methods where sections of your home are built off site, mass produced or rely on panelized wall systems. A home that is framed and built on-site together will stay together!
4. Pay extra attention to the foundation. The ideal foundation for a home is dependent on the conditions and location of the land that your home sits on. If a full basement is not on your “non-negotiable” list or your lot cannot support a basement, opt for a conditioned crawlspace. A conditioned crawlspace is designed to help control moisture and protect the integrity of the home from the natural elements of the surrounding area. Over the past few years, according to this concrete contractors Knoxville TN concrete slab foundations have become a popular method to cut costs and lower the base price of the home but while it saves initially, it can create expensive problems for you in the future.
5. Work with a financial adviser that you trust. The help of a financial adviser who works in your best interest will make your new home search easier. They can help you plan for your budget now so you will feel comfortable living in your home and not feel financially strained each month.
6. Work with industry professionals and ask a lot of questions. View your new home search as an educational process. With this view, you will be able to evaluate which items are most important to you and which are essential to a quality home that will last a lifetime. Ask for references for each industry professional you work with. It is important to feel comfortable with their level of experience and honesty because they will be the ones that guide you through each step of the way. Hiring professionals, like the ones from guttering Glasgow, not only help you with your problems quickly, but they’ll also lessen the stress of building a quality home.
7. Don’t rush and have fun. Choosing a new home that meets your needs, wishes and also fits your lifestyle can be an exceptionally rewarding investment. Don’t settle for the hottest new home sales or a home that “works”. You should love every inch of your home! It can seem stressful at times but always ask questions, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the experience. I hope that the information I have provided will be helpful in your future home search. Purchasing your next home should be a well thought out investment.
At Lessard Builders, we hope to alleviate the stress of the new home search season and work with you to build a custom home that is tailored to your lifestyle and budget.
If you would like to go over these items, have any questions, comments or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us or stop by our our model home at The Villages of Five Points in Lewes, Delaware. I look forward to hearing from you!
Trackback from your site.