Whether you live in Delaware or you vacation here for the summer, we hope you’ll check out the “Live Delaware” challenge. Discover the charm and adventure that the first state has to offer! The Delaware Beach challenge is family friendly and perfect for the grandchildren! Think of it as a scavenger hunt! Tag your pictures with #LiveDelaware so we can follow along!
- Grab a new book at the local bookstore. We love Biblion Books in Lewes and Browseabout Books on Rehoboth Avenue!
- Catch the Fourth of July fireworks in your favorite Delaware town.
- Listen to music at the Grandstand in Rehoboth Beach.
- Sign up for a 5K run/walk at the Delaware Beach.
- Visit the community farmer’s market.
- Stop into our model home in Lewes, Delaware and say hi!
- Visit the Bethany Beach boardwalk.
- Go Fishing! Maybe at the Indian River Inlet?
- Take a boat ride. The Cape Water Taxi offers sunset cruises too!
- Go to Funland at the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
- Visit a lighthouse in Sussex County.
- What is a lightship? Find out by visiting the Overfalls in Lewes!
- Bike or hike the Junction-Breakwater Trail from Lewes to Rehoboth Beach.
- Grab ice cream at the Hopkins Farm Creamery in Lewes! (Yum!)
- Visit the Fort Miles Historic Area at Cape Henlopen State Park.
- Learn about Eastern Shore history at the Zwaanedael in Lewes.
- Take a walking tour with Eating Rehoboth.
- Go Kayaking – on the ocean or at a Delaware State Park!
- Go Surf Fishing! Drive on the beach and bring the dog. (Surf fishing guidelines here.)
- Build a sandcastle.
Have fun! Enjoy all that the Delaware beach has to offer – tell us what you’d add to the list of summer adventures!