In a marketplace where real estate sales and new home sales continue to grow at a fast pace, it is essential for new home builders to uphold the standards of trust such as those presented by the Better Business Bureau of Delaware.
A locally owned and operated business since the 1940s, building quality custom homes runs in the Lessard family. Owner Brian Lessard’s adept construction insight has evolved through decades of tradition and trends since his novice days as his father’s apprentice. Brian’s father, Addie, was a second generation custom home builder that learned his expertise from his father, Daniel. Brian continues to build a tradition of best building and business practices by involving his children Christina, Brian and Michelle in the company.
Delaware’s Better Business Bureau mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust by setting standards for marketplace trust, encouraging and supporting best practices by engaging with and educating consumers and businesses, celebrating marketplace role models, calling out and addressing substandard marketplace behavior and creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities.
Lessard Builders recently celebrated five years with the Better Business Bureau of Delaware. Many do not recognize that not every business is eligible and companies have to be invited to have a BBB Accreditation designation. According to their website, “Businesses deemed to meet Accreditation Standards are presented to the BBB’s Board (or designees) for review and acceptance as a BBB Accredited Business”. The Better Business Bureau of Delaware’s Accreditation Standards are can be viewed here on their website. In 2011, Lessard Builders was the recipient of the Delaware Torch Awards, designed to “recognize those firms whose business practices and related activities exemplify BBB’s mission and principles, and to ensure that our marketplace remains fair and honorable”.
The trust foundation of the Better Business Bureau of Delaware is framed with integrity and performance. According to their website, integrity demonstrates respect, ethics and intent while performance is defined by the company’s ability to deliver results within the BBB standards. Originally founded in 1965 by a group of Delaware business and community leaders, the Delaware Better Business Bureau has been providing essential programs and services to businesses and consumers in the state of Delaware for over 50 years.
The BBB Standards for Trust are eight core values that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business.
- Build Trust: Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise Honestly: Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- Tell the Truth: Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
- Be Transparent: Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
- Honor Promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
- Be Responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- Safeguard Privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of consumers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody Integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
Lessard Builders is building custom homes in Delaware new home communities without a builder tie in. Visit the Lessard Builders model home in The Villages of Five Points East in Lewes, Delaware or email us at homes (at) lessardbuilders (dot) com to set up an appointment with custom home builder Brian and his team today.